Contains allergens: egg, fish, and soy. Gluten Free.
Louie Dressing (Tangy Thousand Island Dressing)
- Mix 1 part Matheny’s Cocktail Sauce with 2 parts Matheny’s Tartar Sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill well.
- Serve on your favorite green salad or on a terrific Louie!
Shrimp, Crab, or Lobster Louie
- Thoroughly clean a variety of your favorite lettuces. (Romaine is especially good.) Towel dry and refrigerate.
- For each serving, chop 1/8 stalk celery, and finely mince 1/2 green onion. Refrigerate.
- For each serving, hard boil 1 egg. Cool, peel, and refrigerate.
- Make the Louie Dressing (recipe above). Refrigerate.
- Prepare your shrimp, crab, or lobster. If purchased raw, refer to a good cookbook for instructions to cook and clean appropriately (devein shrimp, pick the meat out of the crab shell, etc.). If you purchased it in a can, just break it up into bite size pieces. Refrigerate.
- Assemble just before serving. Use chilled dinner plates or shallow pasta bowls.
- Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces and arrange on the service piece.
- Sprinkle the celery and green onions over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle chopped hardboiled egg over the greens.
- Arrange a generous amount of the seafood on top of the salad.
- Squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon over each serving.
- Serve the Louie with the dressing on the side, with a crusty baguette and a glass of wine!